Build your career as a real-time transcriber. Benefit others. Join our professional community.
You’re inquisitive. You like to learn. You enjoy helping others. You have exceptional English language skills.
You’re just our type.
TypeWell transcribers must have a strong work ethic and be adaptable in different work settings. Transcribers are the face of TypeWell, whether managing scheduling and logistics for a new client or building rapport with instructors.
What's the process for becoming a trained TypeWell transcriber?
- Meet the required skills and aptitudes for real-time transcribers.
- Review our online training program schedule and syllabus.
- Identify a potential employer/course sponsor.
- Create an account to complete the online application for free.
- Send the application results to your potential sponsor.
- Complete the Basic Skills Course to earn your TypeWell service qualification.
- License a copy of the TypeWell Transcribing software.
- Begin providing real-time transcribing services.
What's the process for finding additional employment opportunities after I'm trained?
- If the employer who sponsored your training no longer needs your services or doesn’t offer enough hours, we can connect you with other potential employers. There are also many opportunities to work as a freelance transcriber, on-site or remotely.
- Learn more about working as an independent contractor.
- Visit the ATSP Job Board for current job opportunities: www.atspnetwork.org/jobs
- Join ATSP and add your transcriber profile to the provider Directory: www.atspnetwork.org/directory
- Contact TypeWell directly to let us know you’re seeking additional job opportunities. We’ll search our internal database to try and connect you with local schools and companies in your area that may be hiring.
The instructors we’ve worked with have really enjoyed having this type of accommodation in the classroom. They know they need to make their lecture accessible to the deaf/hard-of-hearing students in their class. With TypeWell, they know the material is all getting across to the student, so they’re confident that the student is receiving all of the information.
TypeWell has been a wonderful addition to my [interpreting] company. The headiest response has been from our consumers: the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students and professionals using TypeWell for their classes, public lectures, graduations, and interviews. The service providers are consummate professionals.
I truly appreciate the incredible training TypeWell provides. When I need more transcribers, I use TypeWell’s efficient online screening tools to filter out all but the best candidates. I then sponsor their enrollment in TypeWell’s basic skills course knowing they will receive excellent training and personal attention. This allows me to maintain focus on the daily task of service coordination. I check in with the trainees as needed and am always kept abreast of their progress by their instructor. TypeWell’s training process and staff are phenomenal.