TypeWell is the choice of speech-to-text systems for thousands of satisfied customers. Why are our customers so happy with us? Because they know our primary company goal is to get the best possible speech-to-text services to the deaf consumer.
TypeWell has the most advanced features, the best transcribing course, and the friendliest, most competent technical and customer support in the field of speech-to-text.
If you wonder why you don't see us at vendor shows or read ads about us in trade journals, it's because we do not rely on advertising; TypeWell has grown since 1999 mostly by word of mouth from delighted customers. TypeWell is now used daily in schools, at work, and in social and religious settings throughout the US, in Canada and in Great Britain.
TypeWell software is the easiest to use and most powerful transcribing software because of these features:
- Natural spelling-based abbreviation system works the way most typists think, to reduce learning time and increase the automatic use of the abbreviations when transcribing. This ease of abbreviation recall leaves more mental time for clear and accurate processing of the meaning of what is being heard.
- The only system that comes with a full 200,000 word dictionary that allows abbreviation of not just every-day English but also medical and specialized terms.
- Polished software has streamlined startup and automatic linking to the reader computer(s) for fast set-up and transcribing.
- Abbreviation system is mathematically designed to minimize the number of keystrokes needed for real-world transcribing.
- Provides twice the typing rate increase of other standard-keyboard systems, as well as of optimized systems like the Dvorak keyboard, yet is much easier to learn.
- Is designed for lower system costs and increased cost effectiveness by supporting the highest typing rates on even the slowest, least-expensive computers.
- Has the most comprehensive set of linking options: to a second computer, projector, handheld device, or Braille writer.
- Reader can use linked computer to take notes, customize font for visibility, or use screen reader.
- Reader can use linked computer to type back to the transcriber for voicing.
- Multiple readers can each receive the live transcript on their own dedicated viewer.
- No hidden fees: one time purchase after graduation, with free refreshing of license thereafter.
TypeWell Transcribing Course
The TypeWell transcribing course is the only system that retains the quality of in-person classes while providing the convenience and low cost of remote education:
- Online transcribing course explains everything step by step as you move through the course.
- Flexible but firm automatic schedule system monitors, encourages, and alerts as needed to keep learning progress on track.
- Unparalleled software adaptive teaching assistant provides instant feedback and customizes practice activities to individual strengths and weaknesses, the best combination of constant teacher's advice and private practice.
- Live teachers provides regular focused feedback, as only an expert human teachers can.
- The fun and light-hearted course software keeps motivation high.
- 29 comprehensive lessons cover everything from abbreviations to auditory processing to on-the-job social interaction (some topics covered: ergonomics, logistics, deafness facts, teaming, voicing, ethics).
- Graduated practice for transcribing as the course advances from simple content to dense college lectures.
- Automatic reports are generated with every lecture practice for self review of progress in ten separate aspects of transcribing.
- Update reports can be sent to the student's supervisor during the course, making on-site support and encouragement possible.
TypeWell support services are the best in the business:
- Highest customer satisfaction in the field.
- Instant free tech support: usually within 15 minutes, always within 24 hours.
- Free unbiased email and phone consultation to help you choose the right solution. When a non-TypeWell solution is more appropriate we'll tell you so! If this sounds too good to be true, see link below for more about us.
- Comprehensive handbook covers all aspects of running a high-quality communication access service program.
- Free maintenance releases of the software.
- A company that really does care.
What People Are Saying
"It is very easy to learn and use, and the
editing features are lovely."
- transcriber in the San Francisco area.|
"I like TypeWell better than the other system
my college used to use. TypeWell sets up very easily
and the connection never goes out. I get all the info
in class, just when it
- deaf student in central California|
"The TypeWell system and software are much better
than [competitor] in every way."
- transcriber in Arkansas|
"The TypeWell abbreviation techniques and software
are much easier to learn and use than (the captioning
system I was using before). I am switching
- transcriber in Idaho|
"The TypeWell team is very quick to respond to any
problems. They have been great to work
- supervisor in Arizona
TypeWell is used in secondary and post-secondary schools across the country.
Contact us for information about a site near you where you can see for yourself why TypeWell is so popular.